Does your cloud migration strategy include migrating your Oracle database to Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL? Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL is a fully managed database service that makes it easy to set up, maintain, manage, and administer your PostgreSQL relational databases on Google Cloud Platform. This detailed 208-page guide and glossary will guide you through all the necessary steps.
This guide covers the following topics:
- Automatic Schema Conversion: How to use automated schema conversion tools, such as Ora2PG, to convert source Oracle schemas to a Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL target.
- Operational Migration Aspects: Common Oracle DBA tasks and their alternatives when managing a Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL instance.
- Database Backup and Recovery: Concepts and examples on how to create and execute a Cloud SQL For PostgreSQL backup and recovery strategy.
- Data replication aspects: Concepts behind real-time data replication across heterogeneous databases and the technologies which can be used for these purposes.
- Application Migration Aspects: Detailed overview of specific Oracle schema-level objects and commonly used features and their best equivalents in Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL.
- Copying Data from Oracle Source Databases to Cloud SQL PostgreSQL Targets
- Testing and Validating Data Migrations